For over a century, Satterlee Stephens LLP has represented clients ranging from multinational corporations to local businesses in connection with their ongoing employment issues and disputes.
We are particularly active in representing media and technology companies, financial institutions, cultural institutions, publishing companies, and philanthropic institutions.
On a daily and continuing basis, we provide advice about all aspects of the employment relationship, for both unionized and non-union employers, such as:
- Employee discipline and discharge;
- Development of personnel policies and procedures;
- Preparation of employee handbooks;
- Negotiation and drafting of employment agreements;
- Equal employment opportunity, affirmative action and occupational safety and health requirements;
- Immigration regulations and procedures;
- Wage and hour practices; and
- Delicate employment situations, such as issues arising from allegations of sexual harassment and employee privacy.
In situations where litigation is unavoidable, we are skilled litigators with extensive trial experience and have a record of success resolving difficult employment disputes involving discrimination claims, trade-secret and enforcement of restrictive covenants, fiduciary duty, wage-and-hour claims, benefit claims and other ERISA litigation, and whistleblower retaliation claims. We advise and defend our clients in litigation in federal and state courts, arbitration proceedings, as well as in administrative proceedings before agencies such as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the National Labor Relations Board. We are committed to providing the highest quality legal services in the most cost-effective manner possible.
Our labor law experience is frequently sought in connection with corporate transactions, mergers, acquisitions, reorganizations and bankruptcy proceedings.