Walter A. Saurack is a partner of Satterlee Stephens LLP.
Mr. Saurack is a trial attorney with over 20 years of experience in a broad array of complex commercial litigation and regulatory matters, particularly on behalf of financial institutions.
Mr. Saurack has successfully litigated matters nationwide before FINRA, the AAA, and in state and federal courts, at both the trial and appellate levels, including securities, RICO, banking, employment, insurance and real estate disputes.
Additionally, Mr. Saurack, whose prior experience includes service as a prosecutor, regularly counsels clients on criminal and regulatory issues. He represents clients in state and federal governmental investigations, before legislative bodies and conducts internal investigations. He is highly experienced in crisis management, public relations, and strategic communications programs.
- Represented plaintiff convenience store operator against private equity fund in RICO suit related to $60 million dollar pension fund liability;
- Obtained dismissal of $250 million Qui Tam tax fraud case related to real estate projects on behalf of real estate developer and co-executives;
- Represented real estate developer and executives in the Southern District of New York in defense of $100 million RICO claims related to real estate projects;
- Defense of financial institutions in court and before FINRA in disputes related to suitability, churning, selling away, front-running, anti-money laundering, compensation, discrimination, restrictive covenants, and raiding and before FINRA and the SEC in regulatory and criminal matters;
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of former president/board member of pharmaceutical companies;
- Tried multiple FINRA cases on behalf of broker dealer in defense and prosecution of auction rate securities claims; and
- Successfully obtained default judgment on counterclaims, dismissal of adversary’s complaint and attorneys’ fees on behalf of publishing company following a trial on spoliation in the Southern District of New York.
Mr. Saurack is a FINRA arbitrator and chairperson who has been assigned to various FINRA panels. He is a AAA trained mediator and member of the New York State Bar Association’s Employment and Labor Relations Committee, Committee on Arbitration, and ADR, and the New York State Bar Association’s Committee on Securities Litigation and Arbitration. He was also a member of The Commercial Law & Uniform State Laws Committee of the New York City Bar Association (2012-2014).